Pantry and Laundry Room Make Over

Pin It
Ever since we ripped out our pantry in our kitchen during the renovation in order to add more cabinet and counter space, we have used tall cabinets in the laundry room to store our snacks and dry goods.

However, the cabinets were only about six feet tall and the ceilings were nine feet tall.  It left a large spot to pile containers to the ceiling (where you can never get to anything without learning how to juggle first).

I was going to build my own cabinets to make sure I had exactly what I wanted, but I changed my mind at the last minute and bought the stock white cabinets at the hardware store instead.  Not the best choice for customizing, but it was instant install.  The stock cabinets were about three times more expensive than building my own, but I figure I saved about a month of my weekends.  Bonus for me! 

Here is the beginning of the renovation:


Here was the starting point (see all the wasted space?):

Now I just need to figure out if I'm going to leave off the doors and buy baskets and trays to store the pantry items or put the doors back on to hide everything.  I'm kind of liking the idea of having the doors off so I know where everything is located.  

Thanks for stopping by to check out the latest project. 

Karen :)

1 comment: