For years, I've been switching out the tiny MDF trim the builder installed when the house was built. Here is the before photo of the bathroom window trim. The trim just seems to get lost.
So, I set out to do the standard trim I've been adding to every room in the house - chunky 1x4 (sides and bottom) with 1x8 (header) and 1x2 (sill and topper).
This is quite simply the easiest way I could think to do this back when I started all of the doors and windows and I like it. You could probably search Pinterest to find more detailed options.
Add the sides, cut to the length of the opening. Add the sill and the bottom. Finally, add the header and the topper (which you may need to put together before installing depending on the clearance above the header for nail gun).
The finished product...
On a side note, Google is holding the website hostage. Long story, but I signed up for www.thequaintcottage.net with my old email. I'm guessing they sent the billing to that email, of which I no longer have access. If anyone of you ever tried to contact a human at Google, you will understand my frustration.
With that in mind, I decided it is time for a change. A way to get back into blogging about the DIY projects. I'm designing a new website. I've started working on it this week, but it will take me awhile to get it up and running. My goal is to incorporate some video tutorials, inspiration boards, and maybe some video room tours.
....until then, you can still find the posts here on the http://thequaintcottage.blogspot.com/