New Project - Convert Unused Dining Space

Pin It
Now that the laundry room is organized and pretty, my mind started thinking of my next project.

Then, as I tripped over a basket of shoes one morning this week.  It hit me (literally).

The dining room!

My question to you...Do you actually use your dining room more than once or twice a year?

I don't!  My dining room is a room visitors see as they enter the house, but it sits unused, except for the kids bookbags and shoes.  What a waste of a great space!!! 

As of now, I'm on a mission to reclaim my space.


As I thought about it, I came up with this inspiration board to convert it into a library and home office. 

I'd love to hear from you.  Anyone actually change their dining room into a project room, office, library or other multi-use space?  If you have a blog link you'd like to share, please leave it in the comments so I can check it out.

I'm off to check out pinterest for some ideas.

Karen :)

5 comments:

  1. It's not my dining room that's the problem, thanks to a bad 1970s formal table and matching hutch given to us by my very dear MIL, which had been purchased for her new as an anniversary present by my now-deceased FIL. :-P But our living room (attached to the dining room) is a major problem -- too small for the entire family, too small for any real "living," and oddly shaped. I had the inspiration to turn it into a library -- it's just big enough for a comfortable chair or two and a few built-in bookcases. So I totally get you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Laurie Your living room sounds perfect for a library. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just did the same thing a few months ago. We never used our dining room and it was the first room you see from the front door. I turned it into a library/sitting room and love it! My daughter likes to do her homework in there. It's so nice to have a room that we actually use. Here is a link if you need some ideas and inspiration:

    http://www.thriftydecormom.blogspot.com/2012/01/library-reveal.html

    Lori : )
    Thrifty Decor Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Lori I love your new room. It is so fun and the colors are great. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Converting our dining room into a library/office is on the list of projects for 2012! I will be keeping a close eye on your progress ;) I've got some ideas for ours, but nothing set in stone yet.

    ReplyDelete