Baseboards - Aka The Final Frontier

Pin It
I used the same floor baseboards around the door.

In my world, those last finishing touches are usually the most difficult for me to complete.  I'm usually trying to jump to another project when I am 90% done with one.  I don't know why I do it, but it is quite annoying.

Anyway, this year I made a promise to myself that I would not jump to a new project until I finish one completely...

Now Room #2 on the floor plan I had over here, is now finished. 

I think now that I'm using Bright White on my trim instead of the off white builder white, I'm going to go back and paint the doors to match.  And that will mean new hardware to get rid of that awful brass color.



Tomorrow night I will caulk the seams and fill the nail holes.  Then the next night I'll touch up paint the baseboards and all the wall scuffs.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! You've done an amazing job. I don't think you're the only one who seems to jump to other projects before finishing the one at hand. Good for you for recognizing it and doing something about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Susan Thank you Susan. It is a great feeling to finish something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is amazing! Karen, this may seem like dumb question, how do you fill the nail holes? And with what?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Shawn Not a dumb question. I did fill the nail holes. A few of the smaller ones I just touched up the paint. I guess it depends on how much of a hole the nail left. Normally, I would use a paintable caulk for the holes and the seams. This time I just used wood filler since it dries a bit faster and I just wanted to finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Need to take care of a few and was uncertain.

    ReplyDelete