Simple Wooden Thin Wall Bookshelf

Pin It

My daughter needed a small bookshelf for her DVDs and smaller books.  We made this out of 1x2s to make it flush enough to fit right behind her door.  Her room is still a work in progress since I put in the hardwood floors last year, but I think it is obvious her favorite colors are purple and pink.  Don't you?




All you need to build this is 4 - 1x2x8 strips.

Cut 12 pieces of 1x2 - 24"
Cut 2 pieces of 1x2 - 36"

Add a piece of 1x2 to two other pieces in the shape of a Z.  See picture below.
Build three of the Z shaped shelves and secure to the side pieces, equally spaced (about 12").
Then add the front brace to keep the books and DVDs in place.


The first project (Day 1) is linked to the 31 Day Challenge over http://www.thenester.com/
Day 2 - Simple Wooden Picture Hanger - Kid Project
Day 3 - Simple Wooden Thin Wall Bookshelf
Day 4 - Simple Wooden Jar Holder

5 comments:

  1. This is great!! I love your 3D how-to! I'm super visual and that really helps me!! I'm following along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Maia Bee's Me too! I love the diagrams and pictures with a tutorial. I find it so helpful. I am so glad you are following along! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked your bookshelf so much, had to make my own.

    Thought I would share.

    http://kasbn07.blogspot.com/2011/10/thin-wooden-bookshelf.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Kathy I LOVE IT! It looks so amazing. The colors are so creative and detailed. Thank you for showing me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I want to make this for my kids books, just a tiny bit deeper maybe... Can I ask how you hung it on the wall?

    ReplyDelete