Simple Wooden Laundry Hanger

Pin It I found this functional laundry hanger on Pinterest, but I didn't find any plans for it.  It looks pretty simple, so I made some plans for a single wide version.

Unfortunately, since I was stuck painting and installing hardwood floors today I didn't have the time to build this for a finished piece to show.  I do plan on making one for the laundry room and I will add a photo when I finish it.

Cut list:

Hanging section-
1x2 -
2 - 24"
2 - 36"

1/2 Dowels
5 - 24"

Frame Box
1x3 -
2 - 27.5"
2 - 37 3/8"

2 Hinges













4 small enclosed hooks that screw into the extending piece of each back side of the top and into the frame board


a hook or magnetic closure
2 small chains, wire or twine about 12" to connect the extending portion with the back frame hooks




Assemble the frame for the dowels

Screw in or glue & nail the dowels to the frame

Assemble the cabinet structure that will surround the extending portion

Add a 1x2 to the top back of the frame.  You can attach the hooks to this and also use this ledger board to screw into the wall studs or use two D hooks on the back side

You can also add a beadboard to the back of the cabinet and fancy stacked trim on the top and bottom to help make it more exciting.


Thank you for checking out this simple project. Be sure to check out the other projects here.

4 comments:

  1. want want WANT! will be passing along supply list to my husband who will be SO GLAD I found your blog - not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Shrink- come this spring, when I start all these projects I found on here (coming over from your armoire post!) and pinned on Pinterest, my pathetically underdeveloped muscles will be cursing your name. My home will thank you tho!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great article which It looks pretty simple, so I made some plans for a single wide version.In which can also added a beadboard to the back of the cabinet and fancy stacked trim on the top and bottom to help make it more exciting.Thanks for sharing this article.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is quite handy for the DIY loving person. I would like a light colored laundry hanger. It is back to nature for me.

    ReplyDelete