Simple Wooden Large Rolling Crate

Pin It

Cut List:
12"x24"  1/2" piece of plywood
4 - 18" 2x2
4 - 25.5" x 7.25" (1x8 board)
4 - 12" x 7.25" (1x8 board)
4 - 12" x 1.5" (1x2 board I used the thinner strips I mentioned here)
4 - 25" x 1.5" (1x2 board)
screws, nails, rope, etc...

I started by nailing the 18" 2x2 to the 12x24 plywood (1/2" thick).  The plywood will only be seen from the inside, so put the good side up.

Begin by attaching the lower 1x8 boards around the base. 
I lowered them about 3/8 of an inch to help hide the wheels.
Then attach the upper 1x8 boards flush with the top of the 2x2 frame.  I secured the end pieces on first, then nailed on the longer boards.
I added the thin strips evenly spaced. 
You could use regular 1x2, but I liked the different look of the smaller strips.
Attach wheels into the 2x2 from below.

Finish the wood.  See how the wheels are kind of hidden from lowering the bottom board slightly?  I love it.

Drill two holes on each end and run the rope through, knotting the ends.  Or use knobs or you could use a jigsaw to cut out handles.  So many different options.




Thank you for checking out this simple project.  Be sure to check out the other projects here.


Linked to:

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for another great project tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG,, im just loving all of your simple wood project ideas. I want to build all of it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great project! There are so many things this could be used for!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow. so awesome!
    i would love for you to link this up to the link party at my blog: flashback fridays. go check it out!
    http://lovenotesbylauryn.blogspot.com/2011/10/flashback-fridays-6.html
    {love} lauryn @ lovenotesbylauryn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete