Simple Wooden Centerpiece Candleholder

Pin It


Today I created a long centerpiece candleholder for tea lights I bought at the $1 store.

I grabbed two scrap pieces of old wood and cut them down to about 24" long (1x4). I love being able to use up all my old scrap pieces for these 31 Days of projects.
I grabbed the drill and a bit that was big enough to make a hole to fit the tea lights. You could use a paddle bit on a 2x4 piece of wood or a 4x4 chunk, but I didn't have a paddle bit that big...so I used this bit with 1x4s and doubled them up.
I spaced out the tea lights and marked the locations and drilled through the board.

Then I attached the second board to the bottom of the other board to create a thicker board.
Since the holes for the tea lights are 3/4 of an inch deep and the tea lights are only about a 1/2 an inch, I used a blank tin from another tea light and turned it upside down and placed in the hole.

See how it raises the tea light platform? If you use a paddle, you won't have this problem because you can stop halfway through...and use a 2x4 instead.




Then I grabbed a quart of oops stain I picked up at HD for $1. I think it was called American Red.


And now I have these little round pieces left over.
Those just look like a project waiting to happen, don't they?

Thanks for checking in on the 31 Days of Simple Wood Projects.
Make sure to check out the other projects. 31 Days - Simple Wood Projects

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant (no pun intended)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ADOC - Thank you for all your positive comments.

    ReplyDelete